Local jurisdictions have the option to purchase additional products via Maryland's digital high-resolution aerial photography program. Available products are listed below. Detailed information can be found in the Digital High-Resolution Aerial Photography Contract for the State of Maryland.
1) Orthophotography: Local jurisdictions can upgrade their orthoimagery to 3 inch pixel resolution with increased accuracy specifications or can get imagery upgraded to near true orthos with less radial displacement.
2) Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) Data: Local jurisdictions can purchase LiDAR data for their entire county.
3) Oblique Imagery: Licensed oblique imagery at various resolution levels can also be procured.
4) Planimetric Mapping: Local jurisdictions can procure level 1 (primary impervious surface features) or level 2 (secondary impervious surface features as well as some additional major reference features) planimetric data.
5) Land Use / Land Cover (LULC) Updating: Local jurisdictions can purchase derived products that describe the land (land use) and the physical surface of the land (land cover). For example, using the current LULC classification system employed by the state, a grassy or forested area surrounded by residential lots would be classified and mapped as low density residential; whereas a similar grassy or forested parcel in a Land Cover only system would be classified grassland or forest.
Local jurisdictions interested in these products should contact Lisa Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 21032
300-301 West Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201